Prestolite Hydraulic Starter System
The Prestolite hydraulic starter system provides starting for diesel engines predominantly used in safety critical applications.
It is usually used as part of a dual starting system to provide back up to the standard electric starter motor, but can also be used as the sole means of engine starting.
Two sizes of starter unit (B35G8 & B50G53) cover engines of 70 to 160mm bore diameter usually irrespective of the number of cylinders.
The system has a long history, but the basic efficient reliable design has remained largely unchanged throughout; originally developed in France by Demarreur Hydraulique Berger and subsequently manufactured by Bryce Berger and Lucas Bryce & Lucas Marine in the UK, the system is now built by Prestolite Electric, following their acquisition of the Lucas starter motor and alternator business at the end of the 1990's.
Further information on the system can be found in the downloads at the bottom of this page.
Spare Parts & Components
- Full range of spare parts & components available from stock
- Worldwide shipping
- Spares & upgrade solutions for former Bryce Berger & Lucas Bryce Hydraulic starter systems
- Repair service available at our UK workshop
Systems for New Installations
- Complete starter systems are available for new installations or to replace older Bryce systems.
- The Unique design allows a second start solution for engines with only a single starter pocket.
- The system offers proven reliability in the toughest environments.
- Commonly specified by leading manufactures on life boat, emergency generator & fire/water pump engine applications.
Data and installation sheets below can be downloaded for technical information:
Please contact us for any further information required or a quotation.